“Artificial Intelligence has been brain-dead since the 1970s.” This rather ostentatious remark made by Marvin Minsky co-founder of the world-famous MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, was referring to the fact that researchers have been primarily concerned on small facets of machine intelligence as opposed to looking at the problem as a whole.
Because of the scope and ambition, artificial intelligence defies simple definition. Initially artificial intelligence was defined as “the science of making machines do things that would require intelligence if done by men”.
Artificial Intelligence, or AI, as the name suggests, is the intelligence exhibited by the machines. By acquiring intelligence, although artificial, the machines will become capable of working and reacting like humans. Today, the artificial intelligence that exists is termed as narrow or weak AI. The future objective of the researchers is to create general or strong AI with the ability to perform almost every perceptive task. Along with this, its future scope is enhancing and so is the curiosity of the individuals towards this field. The individuals with an interest in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning or Deep Learning can opt a career in this technology. With the scope of this technology expanding every day, the demand for the machine learning engineers, machine learning researchers and AI Developers are also going to increase and hence is the career opportunities.
It has started to become an inevitable part of our daily life and holds the capability to change our life by its day to day services. There are several major sectors that have already started the use of AI like healthcare, automobiles, language processing, etc. Many big companies like Microsoft, Google, IBM, Amazon, Facebook, Apple have identified the value of this technology and are planning to invest more and more to advance their machine learning technologies. Here, we will proceed through the certain benefits that it has brought to the different industries and hence to our lives. Some of its major benefits are:[distance]
- Problem Solving: This is the most basic application of AI, where it can be used to solve critical and complex problems, just like human beings.
- Medical Science: In medical science, AI is used to create virtual personal healthcare assistants that can perform research and analytics. Healthcare bots are also being developed to provide customer support and assistance, 24/7.
- Data Analytics: AI can be applied to improve data analytics, evolve algorithms faster with the transactional data and deliver new data insights, thus improving business processes.
- Aerospace Industry: Almost every activity performed to manage air transportation is based on the Artificial Intelligence techniques. There are numerous software used in air transportation activities, most of which are designed using AI. The survival of air transport without AI is unimaginable.
- Gaming Arena: With the evolution of AI, video games have advanced by providing gaming bots who can act and play like real players and you can get the game started without waiting for other players to play with you.
- In addition to the above mentioned applications, this technology can also be used in hundreds of other applications such as speech recognition, image processing, vision systems, handwriting recognition, etc.
[distance]In spite of all its advantages and applications, it is also a major concern that AI can be a potential threat to the very existence of human beings. Intelligent systems if went in the wrong hands can act as a major source of destruction. Where autonomous vehicles can be a major perk of this technology, autonomous weapons can be a potential threat. However, with proper care and control, we can use this technology in a positive way and can use it to shape the future of mankind.
According to Yahoo New and Tass News The country that takes the lead in the artificial intelligence industry will rule the world, Russian President Vladimir Putin said at the all-Russia professional guidance forum dubbed Projectory.
Artificial intelligence isn't just a movie, it's an extremely in-demand career path that is fueling the future of technology. The Mastering Artificial Intelligence Course was created to introduce you to the skills you need to become a deep learning professional. These skills are what build everything from self driving cars to Siri, and companies know that smarter technology is key to future success.
No Comments Yet
Let us know what you think